Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A different kind of heaven

I spent several days last week at the lake with a couple of my children and their little ones. Those little ones being my grandchildren.

I recently wrote about my favorite place. This is where I spent at least two weeks every summer growing up and then brought my children to as often as possible. Seeing these little guys (and the big guys too!) experience my heaven was a delight!

There is something about this place that just surrounds you with joy and peace so that every day is a new adventure, even if you do the same thing as the day before.

My brother said of the place once that it is a place ,"...where you go to do nothing".



And so here is the nothing we did...







running on the beach






s'mores






cooking on a wood fire








ice cream








sand castles










snacking at the beach









wearing great-gramma's hats




























climbing...and climbing
































serious conversations
















swinging















...and nothing much.




























































2 comments: