Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sold and sad





"Into My Mystic" was in the Milwaukee Avenue Arts Fest show WAX this weekend. I couldn't get to the show, but got a call that someone wanted to purchase it. At first I was thrilled, but then I got a little sad because this is a piece that I am so fond of. So off it went. It was bought by a couple that really loves it so I don't feel as bad, but I will miss it.

And then the girls went off to their new home overlooking Lake Michigan. I know they have a lovely home and their new owner loves them, but I will miss them too.

It's not easy letting go. At least when you let go of your flesh and blood children you know that you will see them again.




2 comments:

  1. I can understand that, as everything you do is one of a kind. I'm tickled pink when someone asks for a photo, but I don't actually give them anything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Doug, you give them a piece of your soul.

    ReplyDelete