Monday, September 27, 2010

Here we are as the arts fest begins...











We decided to see how our work would be received by being in an art fair. Holy crap! What a lot of work!


















This is the first and last art fair I will ever be in. The packing, catalogueing, pricing, loading, un-loading, packing, un-packing, getting up at 5:30 AM, toting & hauling, loading, un-loading, hauling again, hanging again, loading again, un-loading again, ....exhausting! How do these artist do this for a living??? I have a whole new, and HUGE, respect for them!













I should tell you that my work is the smaller pieces (the encaustics) and my friend's pieces are the larger ones(cold wax paintings). We both had some nice sales and we met some lovely artists, so it wasn't a total bummer, but our bodies are suffering from all the physical labor!



So next time at an art fair, buy at least one thing and always compliment the artists. NEVER say "My three year old could do that" !

2 comments:

  1. I went on a gallery tour Sept 23, and it was a lot of fun. I talked to artists and compared notes, saw a lot of good stuff. Seeing encaustics made me think of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this comment Doug. Don't know how I missed it, but nice to know that you thought of my work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete