Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Jim piece




This is a part of a piece I did about my brother for a show titled "Remembrance" a few years ago. It has been packed in a brown paper shopping bag since the show came down. The piece exposes times when we shared our hopes, our ordinary lives our and despairs during the brief time we lived together in the sixties. We were in our early 20's and both trying to figure out who we were and where we were going. He got it and I am still trying to figure it out. He died 19 years ago. I still miss him, but I cherish our time together.
I'm glad I pulled it out of the brown shopping bag that it was stored in and put it up in my studio.
Sometimes it's just nice to have favorite things near. This feeds my memories.



























No comments:

Post a Comment