Thursday, November 11, 2010

Book club and Dorothy

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm” this from Dorothy Parker.
I have been trying to get my bookclub to read D. Parker for some time now and finally this month was hers. She was, undoubtedly, a very sad woman, but her wit and her mind...oh my God! If I could have one percent of the amazing
wit-ability that she had I would be exstatic and ...very witty! This is one of those (many for me) times that I wish I could time travel. I would love to just be in a room with Dorothy Parker. To listen and watch and ask.
She was quite something for her time.
Here's another:
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to."
And just one more:
"Constant use had not worn ragged the fabric of their friendship."
Just google her and her quotes. Yup, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment