Friday, December 10, 2010

Feeling a little melancholy tonight

Every now and then stuff just piles too high I guess. It's kinda high tonight so I'm feeling a bit not happy. I'm hoping that writing about it will brighten the mood. The music feature being played on the radio as I drove home tonight didn't help. Actually it pretty much trashed any good mood that was trying to peek out. It was all 1969 music. That was probably the worst year of my life and so many bad memories crept into the music. As I write this I am trying to bring happier memories around me. I'm sure eventually, my mood will improve. Just posting this photo of me and my Mom helps. We all have some crappy stuff in our lives to deal with so I will do the same. I will deal with it...again. I must remember that I am so fortunate that my life took a wonderful turn and I have been blessed with a great husband, incredible children and the freedom to be me.
Dwelling on the past only destroys my present and future.
I'll try to remember this.

3 comments:

  1. Read this:
    http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~richie/poetry/html/aupoem142.html
    It might make you feel a little better. I read it to my book club the other night. Once a year we share readings at Christmas. I came across it sort of by accident - I was going to read "Peonies", another wonderful poem by Mary Oliver, but saw this one. It kind of knocked me over, especially since I've been working on several poppy prints this semester, inspired by that photo of Nora. And then you did that amazing tunnel book...

    And maybe this news will brighten your day - guess who's going to be the next grandma?

    ha!

    love from the snowy north country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the poem. Absolutely lovely! But most importantly CONGRATS on the Gramma news!!! Yea!!! Is it public news yet? Whoooopie Lil Sis!

    ReplyDelete