Friday, March 20, 2009

Sharing a Grandmother's treat

Yesterday I was out with one of my grandchildren and I just have to share this with anyone who is out there. We were driving and his mom said he liked doing the Old McDonald song and started singing it. When she got to the "on his farm he had a..." she stopped and Tom filled in with "keys", or "Grammo" or Mama" or "sauce". Part of the fun was his mom trying to come up with the sounds of "sauce" or "keys", but also just hearing his choices! He's about 18 months and of course to us he is brilliant. It sure was fun!
I should really start recording all the things that my grandchildren say because there have been some priceless things from their amazing little brains! Jack said the other day, after falling and hurting his hand a little, "Aw, now I have to go to the HAND doctor!". He's been going to an eye doctor and recently got glasses, so doctors are a new world to him. He is
2 1/2-ish. I wish I could remember what he told his dad about not wanting to take his new glasses off when he went to bed. I think it was about seeing his dreams, but I could be making that up!
Maybe I'll post more as they happen.

2 comments:

  1. Heh heh. Just don't let any naughty words inadvertently slip out, kids are really brilliant at imitation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Tom's mother was 4 when we discovered her expanded vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete