Saturday, November 7, 2009

Very late night Haiku...sort of

So it's very late at night, and I can't sleep, so why not haiku?
I'm intrigued by this form of poetry. Maybe because of the challenge of the 5-7-5 syllable thing, or maybe it's the Asian seduction factor. At any rate, I've been exploring.
The similarity of thick cigar smoke and memories has been nagging at me so that's what a few of these speak to, and then there are the others.
The thing is, are any of these even passable? Since it is so late at night, my opinion is pretty skewed or should I say screwey! Wish I had a painting or a photo that would connect with any or all of these. Maybe another late night!

#1
gentle memories
fill the air like cigar smoke
thick with my regrets

#2
Forced reminiscence
fills me, choking memories
Thick as cigar smoke

#3
Tender memories
Fill my heart like spring blossoms
distracting reason

#4
Tender memories
Dance in my heart to music
heard lifetimes ago

#5
forced reminiscence
the air thick as cigar smoke
choking memories

1 comment:

  1. My ideas, clear
    The presentation, smoky
    Like old memories

    ReplyDelete