Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Iteration

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love the silence the snow creates at night. There is nothing like it...and again I have to curse the cold! Tonight, as I stood under that incredible, clear and open sky, it brought back memories of nights spent under similar skies with my brother. He would point out the constellations to me, explaining their formation and exact placement. He would tell me their history and the fables that surrounded them. And I would listen and soak it all up and tell him that I could see them clearly in the night sky...and I never could find any of them. Still can't! Just the Big Dipper! And so...

Blue Oblivion
Orion stands
Each night
Exactly where he should
And still the sister
Searches

2 comments:

  1. I love the the constellations but not the snow...but then, maybe its because I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had this big old car with a hole in the muffler, it was a lot quieter when I drove through five inches of snow :-)

    ReplyDelete