Monday, January 12, 2009

Gerry

Not sure where to begin.
How do you write about someone who has died?
I guess I just begin.
Gerry was a dear friend, but we were not terribly close for the last few years. No reason, just drifted. She was the kind of person you could count on if you wanted to know the truth. She knew what she believed in and she did not let you talk her out of it. We had some great discussions! I know that she could be seen as being a bit negative, and she was at times, but I think it's because she was so grounded and determined. I'm making her sound all stuffy and stodgy...that is not Gerry! She loved to laugh and joke and was always up for an adventure. Well, as much of an adventure as you can have with a few toddlers in tow! We both had little guys back when we were closer. We spent quite a bit of time hanging out while the little guys created havoc and destruction! There were actually 3 moms and 3 little dudes, but that's another story!
I just have to say that I am glad that I knew Gerry. She had an impact on my life. I am sad that she is gone and grateful for her friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment