Sunday, September 6, 2009

Back in the studio...thank you God!






Just have to say that it is so lovely to have several days off at a time! It gives me time to get serious in the studio. This is Sunday night and I have been enjoying the wax since Saturday morning and will be back in there tomorrow morning. Wish I could be in the studio on a full time basis!


So this is a work in progress. It is an encaustic (that's the wax) work done on a piece of tree bark attached to a piece of rusted metal.The first picture is an overhead shot (but not a very good one!) showing the bark and the metal. Good luck figuring this out! If I ever submit this one, I'll have to have some really good pix of it! The tree bark is about 15'x12' and is curved on the left side, almost folded over (can you make it out in the first pic?). It is attached to a larger piece of rusted metal which is also slightly curved and has some wonderful chips and cracks that I hope to incorporate somehow. Dunno how yet! There is something about the juxtaposition of these pieces that appeals to me. It's tough to see what going on here, and I have to say that it needs a lot of work yet. It is way too busy. It really helps me to see it in this impersonal, distant way. Gotta say that I'm liking the "road" that is encircling the chaos. We'll see waht tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see someone is being productive.
    Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog, althought it has been a while. My premonition was correct. Not one post since the first. Oh well, follow me or pass me on or flickr me or do whatever REAL bloggers do. Maybe one day I'll catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so productive...got up this mornig and hated what I had done yesterday so tried to make it better...aaaaagghhh! Not good to be away for too long. What a frustrating day this has been. I'm not sure I'm even stepping in the door of the studio tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete