Sunday, September 20, 2009

Garden from the heart


































































This is a garden that was installed by my cousin's wife, my cousin and my aunt in honor of my neice Nora. They spent many, many hours this summer clearing out the space for the garden. Many of the shots that I have posted are of logs and pieces from the years of abandoned earth behind the pump house where our family has spent over 100 years of summers. It is, of course, much better in person but I wanted to share the beauty and the love with anyone who is looking. This is Nora's Garden from people who love her.

4 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, MJ. I have always preferred natural spaces to floral installations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be a peaceful place to pass some time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That it is. She made a charming seat out of some of the downed trees from the area for just that purpose.

    ReplyDelete