Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Note to self






























What a lovely weekend!






5 girlfriends joined me at our little place in Wisconsin for our September bookclub meeting.There is nothing better that spending time with really good friends, talking about a good book (and lots of other trivial things) at a beautiful peaceful place during a perfect fall weekend. This will be an annual event!




Once they girls left, I decided that I have abandoned my art for too long. Time to get serious again. I did some small drawings and sketches the next day and a small assemblage for the new garden, but not enough! I need to take the small drawings and do something with them or do more. Maybe do a painting/drawing-a-day again.



It doesn't just happen...it takes work...and it is in the working that the joy lives.










2 comments:

  1. Hi, MJ! It's nice to see you check in. I like the new encaustic on bark and steel. Our local art supply shop has a sign in their window saying they now carry encaustic supplies. Maybe it's somethng for me to try when it's too cold for walking around with a camera :-)

    I gave you an award over at my blog if you so wish to view it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award!
    As for the encaustics...it's a fabulous medium, you'd love it. And it will keep you warm!

    ReplyDelete